Friday, May 7, 2010

Mother's Day




As some of you know, I became a mom 4 and a half years ago -- and as some of you know, the fact that I am a mom is somewhat of a miracle.

The reasons I believed I could not have children are about as long as my arm. The number of doctors that told me that I should consider adoption rather than try to become pregnant was almost as long. And yet, in the fall of 2005 -- my son was born.

It seems like yesterday I took home a little tiny baby boy, with strawberry blonde hair and startling blue eyes. So precious, so small, such an unexpected gift from God.

Now in the spring of 2010 -- that tiny baby is becoming a little man. OK -- at 45 inches tall, maybe not so "little". He's funny. He can pronounce names of dinosaurs I can't even spell. He is a budding little cook. He throws tantrums. He skins his knee and tearfully shouts "I'm Oooh-Kaaaaay!" His intense blue eyes look closely at books, at bugs, and me -- wondering how the world works. Already he asks questions I have no clue how to answer!

He starts kindergarden this year. Where the hell did the time go?

Kiddo -- I can only hope to be half the mommy you think I am :)

Happy Mother's Day

No comments:

Post a Comment